Wednesday, August 18, 2004

 

Google me This?

Over Exposed, and Possibly No Longer Cool?

I admire the founders of Google. Here's two guys, a couple of years younger than me, who took a college term paper, founded a business and changed the way we use the internet. Google's site is simple and elegant, but I wonder how long that will last now that they've gone public?

What's more of a concern to me is how they've handled their IPO, sorta ham-handed if you ask me. An early release of shares (now being investigated), the Playboy interview during the required 'quiet period' and a novel, but confusing Dutch Auction for their shares. All this amounts to a level of coverage that has me saying, "Google, Google, Google, the word has lost all meaning."

Anyway, I guess it's easy to armchair quarterback a project that I know I won't be required to handle anytime soon. I'm hoping for the best, but it seems that birthin' this baby is proving a bit difficult.

Google Cuts IPO Price Range

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129273,00.html

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives