Sunday, April 03, 2005

 

The Joy of Home Ownership (Con't.)

Hey, I don't remember a waterfall down here?

What happens when you buy a 90 year old house in one of the hotest real estate markets in the country? Well, first off you waive inspection, then you move in to find that your basement has a water leakage problem. (DC got four inches of rain yesterday...I have a small puddle in the basement)

The workers are arriving tomorrow to put in a french drain or something. All I know is that I had to take all the stuff out of my basement today (which includes my media room, so I have no television!). The good news is that the repairs will be mostly covered by tax returns and what not. The bad news is that I can't tile (and thus move my stuff back down) until the cement cures...which they tell me is about 30 days. So, I'm sitting at my dining room table surrounded by all the crap that supposed to be in my basement.

Alas!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives