Monday, September 19, 2005

 

Raisin' The Roof!


It looks like...A shed!

Wow, miracles never cease to amaze me. Another weekend of work (with the expert assistance of Donkey) and some more progress on the shed. The amazing thing is, that if you plan your work and work your plan, sometimes, the work product comes out as you intended it to!

This weeks big adventure included learing the joys of right triangles and roofing. I really need to look up my old High School Trig teacher, just to let her know that I found a real world application for trig. this weekend. The application of course was figuring out the length of the shed roof joists. I knew I wanted a 30 degree angle on the roof, and of course I knew the mid-point of the shed side wall (78 1/8 inches). Remembering back (with some help of the internet), I recalled that a 30, 60, 90 triangle's sides had some sort of relationship with each other. (It turns out the relationship is: x, 2x, x(square root of 3). Anyway, math, math, math. The roof was raised, the roof-line is straight and level...amazing!

Still a long, long way to go. This is a mere shell and needs to be wrapped, then sided. But so far, so good.

Comments:
Thanks!

It's been a riot, although a lot of work....just wait until it's done!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives