Monday, May 24, 2004

 

Darn It, I Missed the Swan!

Oops, I was so busy watching the president try to pronounce the names of Iraqi prisons that I missed the finale of the Swan. Have you seen this atrocity. "Ugly" women are given am extreme makeover and then compete in a pageant. A lot of the contestants keep saying over and over how their life will be so much better if they just looked different. Egad!

Which brings up a good question. Is it just me or has anyone noticed the disconnect between FoxNews and the Fox Network. One has shot to fame by defending a decent society and upholding moral values and the other plumbs the depths of decency even for the Elephant. For example at 8:00PM you could catch Hannity and Colmes debated the importance of marriage and then flip over to Fox and watch my Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance. (Where the Bride has to lie to her parents about marrying a looser to win $1,000,000.) Then there is the Swan and Playing it Straight. My mother taught me an important lesson that has served me well here in DC and applies equally well here. Don't pay attention to what people say, but what they do....


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives