Thursday, June 10, 2004

 

PJ, I Love You....

Stranded in a hotel room last night, I relished the down time to dig into my new edition of the Atlantic Monthly. P.J. O'Rouke's piece is, for lack of a better word, sublime. He takes on talk radio and the blowhard TV talking heads....

I Agree with Me

Last year, on a long car trip, I was listening to Rush Limbaugh shout. I usually agree with Rush Limbaugh; therefore I usually don't listen to him. I listen to NPR: "World to end—poor and minorities hardest hit." I like to argue with the radio. Of course, if I had kept listening to Limbaugh, whose OxyContin addiction was about to be revealed, I could have argued with him about drugs. I don't think drugs are bad. I used to be a hippie. I think drugs are fun. Now I'm a conservative. I think fun is bad. I would agree all the more with Limbaugh if, after he returned from rehab, he'd shouted (as most Americans ought to), "I'm sorry I had fun! I promise not to have any more!"


Full Article Here...

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2004/07/orourke.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives