Tuesday, July 20, 2004

 

An Amendment To Be....

Flag Burning Ban Wins Approval From Senate Judiciary

There was a time when the GOP stood for limited government. I think it is safe to say that between the flag burning amendment and the FMA that concept is now dead. Of course the GOP is soo worried about Bush's continued electoral troubles that they are increasingly relying on the values issue to boost his chances, or as a friend of mine on the hill put it, "They've drunk the Kool-Aid". ]

Funny, I wasn't aware there was a crisis of flag burning? Of course the Simpson's got it right last time this issue was up for debate back under Bush I:

An Amendment to Be:

I'm an amendment to be, yes an amendment to be,
and I'm hopin' that they'll ratify me.
There's a lot of flag burners who have got too much freedom.
I wanna make it legal for policemen to beat 'em,
cause there's limits to our liberties.
'Least I hope and pray that there are,
cause those liberal freaks go too far.



Keep it up boys and I'll have to be lobbying Majority Leader Dascle's office come January. But of course Kerry is incapable of capitalizing on this sillyness....


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives