Wednesday, August 18, 2004

 

Elephant on the Move

Or, How My Life Resembles a Calgon Commercial

Elephant is on the move! I close on a new house here in DC on Friday and the movers swing by my flat on Monday for the big transistion!

The good news is that I love the new digs, a restored Queen Anne style house in a great neighborhood and close to the metro. The bad news is that yesterday I found out that Washington Gas has said that it will be 4 to 6 months before they can turn on my gas service! (No reason, just 'we're really busy right now) So, I'll have cooking and hotwater (electric) but no heat?! The builder, his attorney and I are all lobbying Washington Gas hard to up the date, so we'll see.

So, in the midst of my packing, my folks are coming in town for a visit. Dad, Mom and me all in my little falt amist numerous packed boxes all labeled "Misc.".

A weekend of frantic packing, carting the folks around town to see various memorials and closing on a new house. Should be interesting. I'll try to keep the postings up, but just so you know!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives