Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 

War!, Good God Y'all.....

Drat! I was unpacking boxes last night, a now seeming endless task, and I missed Rudy's speech at the convention. I did catch Senator McCain's speech and thought is was fairly good. "War","sacrifice" and "privilege" seemed to be his favorite words. Funny how just a few months ago the Speaker of the House denounced Senator McCain as not understanding the sacrifices of war and now he's one of the premier speakers at the convention. One thing I did not like was the frequent references to the freedoms we enjoy in this country as "privilege." Seems a bit patriarchal to say that and (to me at least) implies that if we aren't good little boys and girls, Uncle George will take those 'privilege' away. They aren't privilege, they are rights and I don't have to appologize for exercising them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130705,00.html

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives