Thursday, September 02, 2004

 

2008: Return of the RINO

2004 is soo yesterday

Bush or Kerry, kind of like choosing between leprosy or clamidia. It just dawned on me today that the list of candidates for the Republican nomination in 2008 consists almost entirely of moderate republicans (i.e. real, good republicans) Think about it, Rudy, McCain, Pataki, Hagel. Oh yes there's talk about Frist running, but he's got about as much personality as a wet sock and looks kind of like Lurch. Santorum is very personable, but ultra, ultra conservative in a way that I hope isn't mainstream in 2008.(Plus that whole 'santorum' thing...ick...if you don't know, don't ask)

So, while I'm saddened by the choices this round, I'm hopeful that the party of Lincoln will be heading back to its libertarian roots in the near future.

In the mean time, I volunteered for Hagel 2008 today.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives