Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 

The GOP's Potempkin Village: Update

Why can't they all be like Rudy, McCain and Arnold?

I wasn't really planning to watch last nights speeches, Tuesday is Amazing Race day fro me, but it was pre-empted. Drat! So, I watched Arnold. He's great. He represents what I think could be the best of the Republican Party, economic conservatism and social liberalism. But the whole time I kept thinking about how Arnold is an accidental governor. He could never have won the Republican nomination in a typical primary, he's too 'liberal.' Look at the last candidate who won the primaries in CA, Bill Simon...he was a disaster. So, although I was impressed with Arnold's speech, it again rang hollow. The upside is that all these so called RINOs, Rudy, McCain, Pataki and Arnold appear the be the future of the party, which is much, much better than what we have in the present.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives