Tuesday, October 19, 2004

 

I'm Embarrassed for My Generation

Message to Tucker Carlson: You Lost, Get Over It.

Wow, I can't believe that the John Stewart/Tucker Carlson issue is getting so much press. I mean, Stewart didn't say anything that most of us don't think when we see Crossfire or those other tired shouting head shows. My problem, like Stewart's is that hacks like Carlson, Hanity, Colmes and Begala simply ask the talking point questions forwarded to them by their old partisan colleagues. Besides, if they really asked a hard questions, they may ...Gasp...not be able to book the coward politician who only wants to have softballs lobbed at them, thus driving every politician to the truly pathetic Larry King Show.

What gets me is that how Tucker is getting his panties in a knot over what a comedian has to say about his show. That's how desperate we the viewing public are for good commentary that we turn out Carlson and Begala and watch the wry satire of Stewart. And I don't think there could be any doubt for anyone who watched the Crossfire exchange that Stewart handily humiliated Carlson.

What's depressing is that Tucker is my age and is one of the few Gen X'ers to make it to a MSM show, unfortunately he represents the worst hacky-corporate lacky-bland looking- won't rock the boat type that probably made the execs at Time-Warner pee thier pants. I so thought we could do better.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives