Thursday, November 04, 2004

 

What's Up With the Elephant

Looking to the Future, Being Realistic

Elephant's decided to eschew ranting and raving about the election. The people have spoken and everyone knows my concerns. I remain confident in the system, its brilliant design ensures that rights of the ideological minority are respected (and whose in the minority changes from issue to issue). It's hard to get things done here in Washington and that's good. As we've seen from the last two years, the GOP leadership can be its own worst enemy, having failed to pass the energy bill two years running.

So, I'm choosing to lay my plan for the issues I think are important, support policy initiatives forwarded by the president that I think are good and to keep hope alive as they say. I'm not backing down on anything and I look forward to the debates ahead. Clearly the environment we'll be operating in has shifted a little to far right as far as I'm concerned, but with the many challenges we're facing, I'm sure there's common ground to be had and well as differences to be aired.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives