Thursday, April 07, 2005

 

Joys of Home Ownership...Cont..

Permits..We Don't Need No Stinkin' Permits

Ok, the basement repair people have been tearing apart my basement all week. The floor now has a trench around the perimeter of the basement wall. The workers did a surprisingly good job of minimizing damage to the drywall and tile...and I was getting excited to have this project completed tomorrow.

But today came a new twist. Despite the many representations by the company that they would take care of any permitting issues involved in this project, the local building inspector stopped by this afternoon and shut the project down because there was no permit! GRRRRR!!!

So now, I have a trench around the walls of my basement, no idea when the process will be completed and it's supposed to rain tonight.

Again I beg the question...what's so special about home ownership?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives