Monday, May 16, 2005

 

Happy Birthday EIE!

Elephant Turns 1!

Holy cow, I can't believe that I've been blogging for a year now. It seems like just yesterday when I was sitting in my old apartment with my new ibook laptop and decided to throw my hat into the blogosphere. Here's some interesting stats from this past year:

Elephant in Exile
Recent Posts -165
Avg Posts Per Week- 26
Posts Written - 676
Words Written- 88,267
Outbound Links- 504
Profile Views - 135

One of the more interesting aspects of keeping a blog is trying to articulate a specific position on an issue. It's one thing to have a visceral reaction, pro or con, to any given event, but quite another to put the reasons for that reaction into words. Is my current disenchantment with the GOP a function of my distrust for concentrated power and preference for politician might to be balanced by opposing forces? Is my disdain for our current President a result of some Yankee bias against Texans? Maybe. But having to think critically about current events and politics really helps cut through the pollution of talking points and rhetoric. In fact, so much so that I actually look forward to my morning posts. This little exercise in blogging is as much about finding my voice and getting new insights into my thought process as it is about having readers.

How long will it last? Who knows, but I'm certainly enjoying the ride.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives