Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Iraq War: Everything is Fine, Fine!

Baghdad Mayor Is Ousted by a Shiite Group and Replaced

Hmmm. . . more conservative folks keep saying that were not getting the 'whole' story on our 'success' in Iraq. I'm sure that we are taking some baby steps here and there, but I continue to be dumbfounded by the sheer lack of forsight of the War Planners (e.g. Rumsfeld). I'm not one to shrink for using the U.S.'s hard power assests, but I've said before, it's like using a baseball bat to shop for chrystal...you need to think long and hard about what you're doing. We did the war thing good, but I'm increasingly coming to believe (hope against hope) that we're losing the peace...big time...and that's not good.

This story kind of pushed me even more over that precipice....(as if the ongoing bombings aren't a sign that things aren't all rainbows and lollipops). We must previal for the sake of the Iraqi people and our own security. I wish our leadership was as focused on that aspect as much as they are on spin.

Anyway...when the mayor of Bagdad is overthrown...just how great can things be?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/10/international/middleeast/10iraq.html?ei=5090&en=b9d54ec8678483a0&ex=1281326400&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives