Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Scranton


Is Scran-Tastic!

I'm back. I had a nice little business trip to Scranton. Airfare was a ridiculous $1300 to fly from DC (more than I paid to fly to China!) so I rented a car and drove up. Nice drive, especially Interstate 83 between Harrisburg and Wilkes-Barre. Not a lot of anything except mountains, trees, and coal mines.

The car I rented was a hoot. A Jeep Commander. I was unaware that Jeep was trying to burst into the super-sized sport utlility market. This truck was a monster like a Hummer H3, maybe bigger. It was fun to drive, got terrible gas milage and the entire time I was driving it I was thinking how great it would be to have a Jeep Commander so I could use it to buy and transport more stuff. Which is somewhat amusing as 1)If I had a car I'd only drive it on weekends, and 2) I have no need for more stuff. Odd, but I guess I'm an American and that's what we do.

Anyway, Scranton was pleasant and everyone there seems nice-ish...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives