Tuesday, June 29, 2004

 

Stuck Between a Potempkin Village and Fantasyland

Well, word is out on some of the speakers for the Democratic Convention in July. I'm sad to say that I'm about as impressed with this bunch as I am with the Republican choices. Don't get me wrong on the GOP, I like McCain, Arnold, and Rudy, but their views are almost 180 degrees from the administration on key social and fiscal issues.

The democrats, who in my opinion could win by taking a New Democrat tack, seem to be taking the opposite approach by putting up a slate of speakers that may be too liberal for Middle America.

Will that soccer mom in Macomb County connect with Al Gore, or Ted Kennedy? I don't know, but I have my doubts. Rumor has it that even Reverend Sharpton is on the list. Sigh, I feel like we're stuck between a facade of moderate republicans and a barrage of old school shouty liberals.

Looking at the two conventions on the horizon, Elephant concludes that the advantage goes to Bush at this point.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-06-28-convention-speakers_x.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives