Friday, August 27, 2004

 

Elephant on the Move Update

Washington Gas is Evil

Well, slowly but surely, Elephant is unpacking his possessions and settling into his new digs. It sure takes a while to get organized and there's something about the clutter that drives me crazy, but as things get put away, that problem should go away. The cable guy comes today, which is good as I do most of my postings in the late evening and now will be able to search for topics to discuss.

One major problem has cropped up in the whole House situation. About two weeks ago, the builder of my home called to have a gas meter installed and the gas turned on. (I have gas heat and a gas fireplace). The wonderful people at Washington Gas told him that there is currently a backlog of installations and it would be six months before they could get to my house. Is it just me or does that seem unacceptable for a public utility to be unable to meet their customers needs? I'm still working the issue, but have a plan of action if they keep jerking me around. Either way, it should provide for interesting blog topics in the weeks ahead.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives