Wednesday, November 24, 2004

 

Giving Thanks

Despite a bad day on Monday, there's still lot's Elephant is thankful for, including the fact that the gas company finally showed up yesterday and hook-ed me up to service (I had many, many people calling them after the Monday episode). I have heat!

So, now that I'm not afraid of my pipes freezing, I'm itching for some snow to help set the holiday mood. That maybe asking too much here in DC, but I spoke with my brother in Grand Rapids today and they are getting snow at the rate of an inch and hour! I'm very jealous.

Here's the report:

SNOW IS OVERSPREADING SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN EARLY THIS AFTERNOON AND WILL BECOME HEAVY OVER MUCH OF THE AREA BY 400 PM. VISIBILITIES BY THE EVENING COMMUTE WILL BE FREQUENTLY BELOW ONE MILE. THE SNOW WILL BE MORE APT TO STICK ON THE GRASS... BUT DUE TO THE HEAVY RATE OF SNOW EXPECTED... EVEN THE ROADS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME SLICK. SNOWFALL RATES MAY REACH AN INCH OR HOUR OR SO.

On the other hand, while snow for the holidays is nice, snow in March and April is not. So, I guess there are trade offs to be made.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives