Monday, November 22, 2004

 

The Holidays!

Thanksgiving, Christmas....Hurray!

Well, it was an unseasonably warm weekend here is DC. High temps. close to 70 degrees, so I took full advantage of the weather to get the house in ship-shape for the holidays. What was most surprising to me is how much fun I had raking my yard. If you'd told me 20 years ago that I'd ever consider raking the yard as a fun activity I would have laughed. But alas, part of aging I guess. Took my I-pod and a rake and went at it. Maybe part of the fun is that just three months ago my yard was barren dirt and is now fast becoming a lush carpet of green. I'm sure there's some metaphor here for the current political situation, but I'll leave that for you to come up with.

Also, got a head start on the Christmas season by putting up all my holiday lights. The whole front of my house is now outlined in little white lights. Tasteful and understated. The official lighting will be on Friday....



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives