Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

Goodbye Fly-I

Elephant, Others Abandon Independence Air

As a frequent traveler to the Midwest I was thankful for a competitor to the all powerful and mediocre Northwest Airlines. My trips home for the holidays would often cost more than a ticket to Paris, Rome or London. That's why I jumped at the chance to be a customer of Independence Airlines. When they announced direct flights from Dulles to Lansing I bought four tickets the first day they were available. Unfortunately, they dropped service to Lansing and even dropped me from the flight home for Christmas without any notice. (Thank goodness I read an article in the paper and figured it out.). Last week I purchased a ticket to Boston departing Dulles at 9:00am. Yesterday I received a notice that my flight had been cancelled and I've been put on a 6:10 am flight. Hmmm, Dulles is about 40 minutes away by cab, so I'd need to get up by 4:00 am to make my flight. I don't think so.

Thanks for trying Independence Air, but I think I'll be looking elsewhere for value priced flights. (PS- Your frequent flier program is lame.)....

Flyi Will Return Up to 20 Jets to Major Creditor
Layoffs Start as Carrier Cuts Number of Flights
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64328-2005Jan10.html

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives