Wednesday, March 09, 2005

 

Help Wanted:

Wal-Mart lobbyist quits as chain seeks Hill clout
Wal-Mart’s chief lobbyist resigned this week as the company continues to expand its Washington office in the face of growing criticism from labor unions, small-business groups and minorities.

http://thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/030905/walmart.html

Funny thing is that of the folks I know on the Hill who have spoken with Wal-Mart about this job, none have any interest in taking it. (Of course you should have no doubt that some lobbyist whore will take this job...'cause we're all whores here) From what I've heard, the job pays pretty low for the largest company in the US and the challenges facing it are too big for such measley pay. In fact, a few weeks ago I got this email (below) from Wal-Mart. I must admit I considered it for about 5 seconds before realizing I'm a Target person.

Hello [Elephant]:

I received your e-mail address from a colleague and was hoping you could help me out. We are currently looking to fill several positions at our D.C. office and our Bentonville office along with several positions around the country for government relations persons. Listed below are the positions, if you or anyone you know might be interested, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at XXX Or give me a call at XXX.

Talk to you soon.

Vp of federal affairs D.C.
Director of Communication D.C.
Director of Health care, benefits, and pharmaceuticals.
D.C. Pac Manager (D.C.)
Manager of corporate affairs D.C.
Senior manager of Benefits and G.R. Bentonville Arkansas.
Senior State Government relations manager (Sacramento CA)
Community relations manager Arizona)
Community relations manager (any of the northeast states)

Again thank you for your assistance and any referrals you might
have.

Regards,
Corporate Recruiter Wal-mart Stores Inc.

No word yet on if the VP of Government Relations gets locked in the store overnight or is required to work overtime without pay. I'll keep you posted.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives