Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Just Antoher Reason Elephant's in Exile

This is leadership?

There are many reasons I'm an Elephant in Exile. Out of control spending, a vast and growing federal authority, Terri Schiavo, Tom Delay, James Dobson, Gay-Bashing...here's another. While Frist has launched his filibuster ending offensive on behalf of the radical right (to say religious or evengelical right is an insult to fair minded people in these groups...and I seriously doubt that Mr. Dobson or Robertson represent a majority of em anyway.)...he can't even get his story straight.

I'm sitting in my office watching the debate and see this transaction...

Senator Schumer: "Isn’t it correct that on March 8, 2000, my colleague [Sen. Frist] voted to uphold the filibuster of Judge Richard Paez?"

Senator Frist: "The president, the um, in response, uh, the Paez nomination - we’ll come back and discuss this further. … Actually I’d like to, and it really brings to what I believe - a point - and it really brings to, oddly, a point, what is the issue. The issue is we have leadership-led partisan filibusters that have, um, obstructed, not one nominee, but two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, in a routine way. "

To sum it up, my former party has squandered a historic opportunity to make the government smaller and more effective to implement the designs for absolute power by Dobson-Robertson-Perkins.

Even my conservative friends are scared out of their wits by what's transpiring. No one in the Senate knows where this is going...and no one wants to contemplate the implications if they succeed.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this has nothing, NOTHING to do with the Democrats. It's about changing the system (and ignoring the rules) to achieve a stranglehold on the federal apparatus...and I've never seen anything that embodied the dark, will to power more aptly in my career here in Washington. I'm appalled, disappointed and afraid for my country...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives