Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

The GOP Agenda?

What have you done for me lately?!

Gee, seems to me that on the short list of 'major' accomplishments during the President's 2nd term we have only 1) "Terri's Law" and 2) Bankruptcy reform as the benchmarks. (Am I missing anything?) Neither of which are particularly energizing for me or anyone else save Randal Terry and MBNA.

Now today comes talk about raising the FICA tax limit and cutting benefits for the 'rich'. While someone making $1 million or so a year may be rich...$90,000 to $140,000 a year in a city like DC is chump change. (Trust me!). I don't mind paying higher taxes to save Social Security, but why do my and other folks benefits have to be cut as well.... It's all so...TED KENNEDY!

And this is the Republican Revolution?!

Can the rich save Social Security?
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-05-31-taxing-rich_x.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives