Monday, July 18, 2005

 

So Uncool....is so Cool.

Why I went to a Tom Jones Concert.

Yeah, it's probably very uncool to like Tom Jones...The 60's crooner, 70's lounge act is all about cheese and people my mom's age throwing their undergarments on the stage. But I don't care, when Tom Jones appeared on this year's concert series at Wolf Trap, I knew I would be in attendance.

Sexbomb and Kiss, those we're the hooks that pulled me in, and the cheesy yet classic tunes - She's a Lady, It's Not Unusual, Delilah, Momma Told me, and others fed my frenzy. As my colleagues and I jammed with Mr. Jones last night (in the oppressive heat and humidity) we all agreed that part of the appeal was that we all are pretty much convinced that each of us has more dance moves than the Jones. But his voice was pretty awesome as he worked his way through some classic covers, Jerry Lee-Lewis songs and even some gospel. A night of big fun.

Oh, and for the record, I counted about 10 pairs of panties on the stage during the encore....

I'm not very cool, I know it. So Sue me.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DD55G/qid=1121692298/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-3719068-6236906

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives