Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

$40 Billion a year on Homeland Security

And all I get is a lecture...

I had such high hopes for HSD Director Chertoff. His first days in office he got rid of the ridiculous do not stand up rule on flights into National Airport, but his subsequent handling of Katrina, Rita and Wilma has left me frustrated. Now comes this....a lecture! We spend $40 billion a year in tax payer dollars on homeland security and apparently all that can pay for is a patronizing lecture on how I'm supposed to have 72 hours of supplies in the event of an emergency. (Enlightening as the initial response to Katrina in NOLA to 96 hours).

Anyway, while I understand that I am responsible for my initial needs after such an event, I find this whole lecture thing a bit insulting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives