Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

Hello Future!


Shanghai Surprises (Yes, an obvious caption, sigh)

Although my visit to Shanghai came at the end of my vacation, the city's sites, museums, and people put it first on my list of favorite places from my recent trip. In fact, what really put the whole vacation over the top was my last day in Shanghai.

First the day started with pulling back the curtains on my 75 floor room at the futuristic Grand Hyatt Shanghai at the Jin Mao Tower (The third tallest building on Earth). My window afforded a view not only of the kitschy Pearl Orient Tower (as tall as theEiffell Tower, and pictured above), but also of the historic Bund and the busy Huangpu River below. At any given time there were about twenty barges or container ships plying the river. The view was stunning, despite the fairly smoggy skies.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives