Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Delays, Delays

Delay is gone...but he's just part of the problem.

Readers here know that Elephant is no fan of Tom Delay. Of all the people in leadership I've worked with, I always felt like I had to take a shower after a meeting in his office. (Sort of like how you feel after watching Trainspotting. Anyway, none of the GOP members I knew or worked with were particularly crazy about him either. So good bye Mr. Delay. Don't let that ornate door on your luxurious Capitol office his you on the way out.

The bigger issue was summed up quite well on the radio this morning by GOP majority architect Newt Gingrich. Newt said that Delay wasn't the core problem, the problem is that the GOP has moved so far beyond it's strengths (and in many cases simply abandoned them) that they've becoming everything they fought against in the early 1990s. I can't say I agree more...

(oh, and I think John Boehner would be a big improvement over Delay or even Blunt as the new ML.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives