Monday, January 22, 2007

 

No More Bushes, No More Clintons

Wake me up in 2009

Is it escapism? The accelerated primary process? or just plain ole stupid big media? I don't quite understand the breathless excitement of the emerging candidates for the 2008 presidential race. I too long for the days when the "Decider" goes back to his ranch, but a focus on the substantial problems of today might help curb further damage...We can focus on the problems of tomorrow, tommorrow.

That being said, I have a few thoughts on Ms. Clinton's candidacy.

Unlike most former Republicans, Hillary Clinton doesn't really get under my skin. In fact from my vantage point here in DC she's been a fairly solid Senator. Today she announced that she's running for President, good for her. She probably won't get my vote.

Has it really come to this at the federal level?

Bush the Father, Clinton the Husband, Bush the Son, to Hillary the Wife.

I'd like to think that perhaps we could have perhaps another family get into the mix (The Hagels, Obamas, Vilsaks, etc). If I wanted the political leadership of my country to bounce between ruling clans, I'd move to Egypt or Syria or perhaps even North Korea.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives