Sunday, October 31, 2004

 

I love my I-pod

Makes Travel Tolerable

Ok, is it just me or is every flight you've been on lately been completely sold out? Sitting on a plane, cheek by jowl with your fellow traveler's is a major bummer. Thank goodness I invested in an I-pod. It's a quick way to transport oneself to one's happy place. With the election coming and everyone on edge, it was nice to tune out and groove for the four hour flight.

Speaking of grooving, I'm not one to get very emotional about anything. If you can't tell, I'd rather deal with any type of situation with gentle humor. But two songs this week really got to me...in a good way.

First, I finally caught the Eminem video for Mosh. Talk about brilliant. If you haven't seen it, check it out. I've never been super into rap/hip hop, but Eminem proves himself a master at channeling his anger. All I can say is I want to go by a black hooded sweatshirt, baggy jeans and saunter off to the polls on tuesday.

Another song that I really like is a new release by Heather Headley. Never heard of her? Neither did I. But apparently she was part of the original cast of Aida on broadway. Elephant's friend Donkey saw her perform at a convention and gave me a listen. It's a broad ranging album that encompasses both hip hop riffs and a really sappy, yet touching ballad called, if it wasnn't for your love(likely to be played at many weddings in the near future). Heather's got a set of pipes for sure and her talent shows through on just about every track. Anyway, Heather Headley: This is Who I am...Check it out.

Finally, I also picked up the Queen Latifa-The Dana Owens Album. If your a fan of Jazz or classic standards, then all hail the Queen. Seriously, Ms. Owens shows us that her turn in Chicago was no fluke.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives