Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

Why I Am Skeptical of "Personal" Socail Security Accounts

Bush "Proposal" is too tepid, promotes ever bigger government

Ok, since the GOP has yet to unviel their proposal for social security reform let me just say this. I'm becoming increasingly skeptical of what I'm hearing of the plan. Oh, not because I don't think people should be allowed to invest money in the stock market, but rather I don't think that if I'm allowed to invest part of my FICA tax in the market that I should be limited to four, five or six government controlled accounts and only allowed to invest up to $1,000 per year.

But, as I've said ad naseum, at least we are talking about it and we shall see what becomes of this...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives