Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

NOoooooooooooooooooo!



Time's Square Howard Johnson's Gone:

Ok, I'm back in DC after taking the morning train down from NYC. My little meeting went well and afterward I had time to do a walk about, shunning the rich, delicious food at my city club accommodation for a yummy, grease soaked slice of pizza. Anyway, during the course of my walk about I took a quick jaunt around Times-Square. Me, in a suite, among the throngs of Midwest tourists. Entering the square from 44th Street, I made it about a third of the way around when I was stopped in my tracks...No! I can't be?! The Howard Johnson's on Times Square has closed?!

Was there anything special about this place?! You betcha! The food was stunningly average, but the best part was the whole place was right out of the 1950s..even the waitress uniforms...Alas...another cheesy, overrated iconic place bites the dust..

Maybe this is all an overstatement, Times Square has been a tourist trap for years...but the Hojo was such a throwback, I couldn't help but love it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives