Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Check Your Bags Update:

I may have been on to something?

House Intelligence Committee Chair Pete Hoekstra (R, MI) is quoted today as saying...the plot "eliminates the days of carry-on baggage," according to The Associated Press.

He's right of course, at least for the near term. But seriously, is the extra few minutes this adds to our travel that bad? Is it better than being gassed by some home-made Zyclon-B on your flight to Toledo? I think so.

I am so not a fan of this administration or its tactics in fighting the war on terror, but I have no doubt in my mind that these stone-cold-terrorists want nothing more than to bring down another couple of planes. I'm trying not to get caught up in the media hype about this, checking my bag or not checking my bag is not a huge deal for me and flying ceased being anything but a necessary evil long before 9/11. I've got other things to worry about....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives