Saturday, June 12, 2004

 

There But for the Grace of God Award II: Rush Limbaugh

Practice what you preach. That's what my mom always told me. And there's no more successful radio preacher than Rush Limbaugh. Listened to by "ditto heads" (is that a secret drug reference?) across the nation. Rush defends 'traditional' values with pronouncements like...

I--I really do not even think marriage is a right. Marriage is a responsibility. It's not a gift that somebody says, Hey, now it's time for you to get married. It's our bestowal to you.' It's--it's a--it's a commitment that you make and it is a responsibility that you accept. And it's--to--to be--to be tossed around in this manner is to devalue it, which is to devalue the fundamental building block of our society.


Rush filed for his third divorce this week. I agree with Rush, marriage is a responsibility, so I propose the Federal Marriage Amendment be altered to ban him from marrying again and devaluing a 'fundamental building block of our society."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives