Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Harriet the Spy

Make no mistake, Ms. Miers is a Conservative...

After going through my emails this morning, I had an interesting exchange with some of the attorneys on my Board of Directors. It seems, that some of them are personal friends with Ms. Miers, and they say she is a great attorney, wonderful person and an admirable lawyer. They also are telling me, no holds barred, that Ms. Miers is a no-holds barred conservative, despite her past affiliations with the Democratic Party. I don't know what to make of that other than that sometimes converts are much more dogmatic than those who have always been what they are. Think of militant ex-smokers as an example.

So, despite the bluster from the right (I'd like to say it was all planned out as a ruse, but that would be giving them too much credit wouldn't it?!), Ms. Miers is a conservative wolf in Talbot clothing...Whereas I see Mr. Roberts as being a lawyers-lawyer, with a career that seems to hold the law and its processes above dogma, that's something I'm not yet prepared to say about Ms. Miers...But those complaining on the right should understand that if they want to shift the court to the right, this is the way to do it..stealth..nominating a Bork just won't pass the muster, that a seismic shift will come as a thief in the night...The dems should understand that too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives