Wednesday, July 07, 2004

 

I'm now free to move about the country

Hmmm...I'm a big fan of Southwest Airlines. Granted I don't like to fly Southwest as I'm not a big fan of their cattle call seating, but I do like their aggressive competition, it lowers fares across the board in any airport they operate. Take Baltimore-Washington International Airport, they've grown into one of the fastest growing facilities due in large part to the presence of Southwest. Throw in their competitors like JetBlue and America West and you can see why United and US Air are scared. Four years ago I would have had to pay $400 to $500 for a roundtrip ticket to LAX, now I rarely pay over $300.

Southwest to reduce airfares systemwide up to 65%
http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2004-07-06-sw-fares_x.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives