Monday, August 01, 2005

 

So it's August...Now What?

Filling the Recess Void

Wow, it's already August. Strange how fast time flies. Well Congress has packed up and left town, which means a lot for those of us left tending the store here in DC. What exactly? Well first off, DC in August is sorta like Paris. Most of the folks who work here are on vacation and those that are left are rather surly about dealing with the tourists clogging up the metro system.

Me, I wish I was heading out of town, but I tend to take my big vacations around Thanksgiving, as that's a great time to travel overseas (weather is generally still good, costs are about 1/2 off peak times). So I'm here for the duration, and I think we will still be able to find things to discuss. Let's hope.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives