Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

A Note from Housekeeping

Oh Wisconsin..eh?

Well, I must say that I had a very pleasant trip to America's Dairyland. Folks in Wisconsin are so painfully nice, and every meal is accompanied by some form of cheese. In fact there was a major dairy expo in Madison while I was there and rumors were swirling around the Hilton that the International Butter Queen was staying in my hotel, although I didn't see the security detail one would expect to be accompanying such royalty....perhaps they were undercover.

Anyway, when I checked into my room there was a sweet and somewhat sad hand written note from the housekeeping staff. It read.

"Thank You for Tayng with Us!, Housekeeping"

I pondered for sometime over the author of this enigmatic message. Was she functionally illiterate or perhaps was English her second language? It haunts me still.

Comments:
During hunting season in Wisconsin, they have to paint the word "COW" on the cows so they won't be shot by mistake. Nodding head.

Washington Cube Was Here. #173
 
Sweet! Growing up in the Midwest, not only would we get the first day of rifle season off from school, but inevitably there would be a case of school buses getting shot by mistake...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives