Monday, January 30, 2006

 

And then there was SOTU

Is it 2008 yet?

I must admit, I've completely given up on this presidency. In fact, I had a nice chuckle this weekend when I read this by Andrew Sullivan..who appears to have coined the phrase "King George" to refer to our current leader. (Perhaps I was too quick to write off La Sullivan in his move to news-rag Time's website).

We've got another SOTU to listen to this week. Anyone want to wager on wether or not the Prez talks about the FMA? We didn't hear much about it last year and now with an election looming, and a lack of results and lots of reports of corruption from the GOP could potentially hurt their chances..so why not roll out the gay marriage boogey man?

Also, one area where I think the Prez gets it right is immigration. But alas, I appear to be in the minority on that one with my support of a guest worker program.

Will I listen..probably...it's kind of my job. But five years into this, I've pretty much written Bush off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives